skip to content | Accessibility Information

What are the GCSE equivalent qualifications that will be considered for BA (Hons) Primary Education?

GCSE English Language, Maths and Science must be achieved before submitting an application with one Grade B and two Grade Cs. Two additional GCSEs at Grade C are also required, a modern foreign language is desirable.

Acceptable alternatives that we will consider include A-Levels, Use of Mathematics, Intermediate GNVQ at Merit, BTEC First certificate at Merit, or Open University modules with S or M prefix.
Please download the document below for a full list of GCSE equivalents listed by the TDA.

Access students do not require 5 GCSEs. We will consider acceptable equivalencies within the Access course which can be pending at the point of application. The acceptable equivalents within an Access course are called GCSE equivalent in Maths, English or Science. We will not be accepting Level 2 Numeracy or Literacy.

The following qualifications and subjects are not accepted as GCSE alternatives: Adult Numeracy and Literacy, Key Skills, Human Biology and Physiology and additional science, GNVQ Science (unless this is at intermediate level and graded Merit or Distinction).

Need more information or can’t find the right question? Contact our enquiry team · We can usually reply within 3 working days.

How would you rate this answer?

User Opinions (20 votes)

90% thumbs up 10% thumbs down

Last Updated 18th of December, 2013

Related Articles

No related articles were found.


Continue quick withdrawal online casinos safest online casinos federal laws real money slots us players